Intelligent Waste Management
The Yeahpoint "Intelligent Waste Management" (IWM) system is an interoperable IT platform developed specifically for supermarkets for significantly improving economic and environmental issues associated with perishable food shelf life and waste stream management caused by volatile product lifecycles, complex timing issues and no efficient means of analysing customer behaviour/prediction at a local level.
The IWM system gives the supermarket an integrated, localised store strategy and technologies to:
- Apply profiles to perishable goods to optimise inventory.
- Leverage known shopper behaviour and local buying habits.
- Ability to move quickly on external events – weather, events, demand.
- Dynamically control departmental pricing.
- Promote discounted, perishable lines across other departments'. For example, "Free Strawberries when you buy cream" successfully used in concept trial.
- Direct-to-customer alerts for mark downs and personalised offers.
The IWM process integrates Yeahpoint's proprietary, yeahWARE CORE 9 retail media platform with:
- Dynamic template based POS digital signage
- A sophisticated automated or opt-in price profile optimisation module,
- Ancillary promotional POS strategies.
- Store specific marketing opportunities to customer smartphone and devices.